Thursday, December 04, 2008

What My Children are Thankful For

During the week before Thanksgiving, I had each of the children write out what they were thankful for. Here is what they wrote.

This is what Jeffrey dictated to me:

I am thankful for Mommy, Becky, Daddy, and Sarah.

This is what William wrote:

I am thankful for pasta because it is good for you and it tastes good. I like TV and computer and God because if He was not here we would be dust. I am thankful for all my friends and I am thankful for my family, especially Daddy because he loves me too. I love paper games because they are fun.

And here is what Bobby wrote:

I am thankful for my Mom and my Dad and my Heroclix and the television and the computer and my brothers and my racecar. Oh, and my sisters.

Here is what Trey wrote:

I am Thankful For....

Mom because she cares so much because sometimes you just need some help. Dad takes me where I want to go. My siblings are fun to play with. Toys and books don't compare to my imagination. Can't forget the baby - she's the youngest one.

And Sarah wrote this:

There are so many things I am thankful for. Here are just some of them.

I am thankful for my house. It is not very big, but we really have more space than we need. Our house has a good, solid roof that doesn't leak. Our house also has air-conditioning and heat.

My favorite room in the whole house is my room. That is another thing I am thankful for. Lately, I have been pretending my room is my house. I have been trying to keep it clean, and I have been taking care of my "children" - my sister and my doll. I'm thankful for them, too! My sister is cute and she makes me laugh everyday. And I am thankful for Ruthie, my doll, too. If it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't have gone to Atlanta with my mom, and that was so much fun!

There are many, many more things I am thankful for. But these are just some of them.

No comments: