Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Four Parks in One Day

On January 17th, 2014, I was blessed to be at Walt Disney World with some dear friends. I had been told to be ready to leave our campsite at 7:30am that morning to get to Disney Hollywood Studios for "rope drop". Little did I know what fun the day would hold!

Monique's alarm went off at 6:30am and I jumped out of bed. I gather the things I had set out the night before and headed for the comfort station. I quickly showered and dressed and headed back to the camper for a quick bagel and Airborne before setting out for the bus. We took a Fort Wilderness bus to the Outpost and then, after a short wait, boarded a bus for Hollywood Studios.

We got to the gates about 30 minutes before the park opened. Once it opened, we made our way pretty quickly to Toy Story Mania. I didn't even know it was 3-D until I was told to put on my special glasses.

The ride was fun, and I didn't get the worst score!

From there we headed for Tower of Terror.

The line wasn't bad and I enjoyed the ride. However, next time I will tuck my skirt in better before the ride starts. I did ride "hands up"!

Next, we got in line for Rockin' Roller Coaster. That line was one of the longest we stood in that day and it was only about 40 minutes long.

Loved that one too, even if we did get inverted! LOL

I think it was then that we stopped for coffee before riding the Great Movie Ride. I am glad I rode it, but I might not ride it again. After that, we hopped a bus to Animal Kingdom.

Our first destination in Animal Kingdom was the Everest Expedition. No one warned me it went backwards! I did survive, but I never did see the Yeti. To make up for that, we had lunch at the Yak and Yeti quick serve. I don't remember what I had.

Next up was the safari ride. Trey would have loved it. I know I did!

I then went to It’s Tough to be a Bug with Gwen and Loretta, which included walking through the Tree of Life.

Next up was the Magic Kingdom. We first headed over to Space Mountain. The sign said the wait time would be about 50 minutes and that seemed very accurate.

Next we rode the People Mover.

It was so relaxing, we asked them to let us go around again, which they did. :D Then I did the Swiss Family Robinson attraction by myself, which a thoroughly enjoyed. Then we were on to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Last park for the day was Epcot.

We rode Spaceship Earth, but I cannot find where I e-mailed our adventure to. After dinner at Sunshine Seasons (Kid’s meal: Mongolian Beef with fried rice), we got in line for Soarin’. After meeting some characters at the Epcot Character Spot

We watched the Fountain’s of the Nations Water Ballet.

A last picture by Spaceship Earth before we headed out.

No comments: