Monday, November 10, 2014

Our trip to Walt Disney World - Part Six

Okay, so we left off in China. Most of these photos were taken by my daughter and I am posting most of them. Hope y'all don't mind.




I believe this was a mango iced green tea.


From there we went to Germany.



Of course, we went to Karamell-Kuche. Some of the offspring got caramel-filled cookies you see them making here.



One got the salted caramel fudge, but thought it was too salty. 15yo says he got a stuffed donut thing. (That may have been a beignet from France.) I was saving my money for a drink at the end of the day. I should have had the caramel.

Disneybounding photos (Ellie from the movie "Up"):


More fun in Germany:


At this point, I sent a boy back to Norway to check on Maelstrom and he came back telling us it was open, so we went back to ride it. It was raining on and off throughout the day and this extra walking was the death of my feet. Major blisters. :( But we loved the ride and are sad that this was our one and only time to ride it.

Then we made our way to Italy. There, 19yo got a chicken dish with mushrooms which she said was very good:


13yo got ravioli, but we have no pictures. Sorry, Dave!

Random Italy (I think!) pictures:




Next was the American Adventure. We stayed to hear Voices of Liberty but left before seeing the movie. It was really raining at this point, but we were on a mission. One of my main memories of that day is taking out ponchos and putting them back in my backpack. Due to the rain, we have no photos of the American Adventure.

Some of my offspring are anime fans and one is a martial arts fan, so we spent a bit of time in Japan. 15yo bought socks and 19yo got an “Attack on Titan” wristband. 19yo also bought sushi:


Next was Morocco and thanks to a break in the rain, we have pictures:





Small rant: By the time we got to Morocco, it was really starting to bother me that the employees at the Kidcot station seemed to spend most of their time chatting to each other in their native language. It was just off-putting. It made me feel like I was a bother to them, which was very un-Disney-like, to me. Rant off.

On to France!



The French were actually very friendly. The Photopass Photographer pulled berets off the shelf of a store and put them on my kids and took their pictures. The black berets did not really show up in the pictures, but the pink one looks adorable.




We saw the movie and it made me want to go to France. That’s pretty amazing since I went in 1981 and swore I would never go back.

While there, the girls and my 12yo got their picture taken with Aurora.





Next up, the United Kingdom!

Click here for Part Seven

No comments: